Hearty congratulations and sincere thanks must be given to the 200 students who participated in the Waverley Eisteddfod. The high quality of music making and the exceptional standard achieved by every student is amazing. Hours of hard work and commitment have been given by all students and their individual and combined dedication is thoroughly appreciated.
On Saturday 12 August, 150 Huntingtower instrumentalists performed magnificently in the Ensemble sections. Unfortunately, very large groups were unable to perform this year (no PAC available) but as many students as possible performed in smaller ensembles.
On Monday 22 August, the Huntingtower Senior Chamber Choir and Middle School Chamber Choir both sang superbly in the Secondary Chamber Choir section and the Middle School Choir section. Hearty congratulations and sincere gratitude to Mrs Sutton, Rhianwen Bramble and the choristers for their thorough and enthusiastic preparation.
The behaviour and concentration of every student in every section was amazing - we are all extremely proud of and grateful to you all.
The following wonderful results were achieved:
Secondary Chamber Choirs
1st prize - Huntingtower Senior Chamber Choir
2nd prize - Huntingtower Middle School Chamber Choir
Middle School Choirs
2nd prize - Huntingtower Middle School Chamber Choir
Howard Friee Perpetual Trophy for Choral Excellence
Awarded to the Huntingtower Middle School Chamber Choir
14 years and under Large Ensemble
1st prize - Huntingtower Middle School Small Orchestra
2nd prize - Huntingtower Dvorak Ensemble
15 years and under Small Ensemble
Honourable Mention - Huntingtower Beethoven Trio
18 years and under Large Ensemble
3rd prize - Huntingtower Small Concert Band
Honourable Mention - Huntingtower Corelli Ensemble
21 years and under Small Ensemble
Honourable Mention - Huntingtower Mendelssohn Octet
Honourable Mention - Huntingtower Haydn Quintet
A special mention must also be given to the Huntingtower Handel Ensemble players who all worked extremely hard and they performed superbly receiving 92 points.
Hearty congratulations to the very talented Year 8 students who presented a wonderful solo concert this week. Every item was thoroughly prepared and presented and a very high standard was reached by every performer. We are extremely grateful to all our musicians in the school for working so hard and sharing their amazing talents with us. We are now looking forward to the Year 9 Solo Concert on Tuesday 12 September at 6.30pm in the Orchestral Room and the Year 10 Solo Concert on Monday 18 September also at 6.30pm in the Orchestral Room. Please come along and enjoy a wonderful variety of music from our very talented Year 9 and Year 10 students.
Solo concerts for Year 7, 10, Prep, 1, 2 and the Middle School Concert Band will be held during Term 4. There will also be a series of solo concerts during the holidays for students preparing for VCE solo performances and for AMEB exams.
An amazing new Australian musical 'Grace' is being prepared by an equally amazing group of talented Senior students. It is an exciting, poignant, entertaining, colourful musical brimming with spectacular choreography, beautiful songs and entertaining dialogue which will enable you to both laugh and cry! The fantastic students and their equally fantastic Director, Daniel Borbely, have put in hours of work to create a memorable production. It will be a 'World Premiere' of a wonderful combination of drama and music and the well known 'up and coming' writer/composer may even attend a performance/s.
DON'T MISS THIS WONDERFUL PRODUCTION! BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW!!
Wednesday 30 August 7.30pm
Thursday 31 August 7.30pm
Friday 1 September 7.30pm
Saturday 2 September 7.30pm
All performances are in the Drama Room.
ARTS IN THE ROUND - SUNDAY 15 OCTOBER AT 2.00PM
In the absence of the Performing Arts Centre and after the wonderful success of the inaugural 'Arts in the Round' in 2016 there will be another exciting Arts Festival Arts in the Round in 2017 which will feature Music, Art, Drama, English Speaking, Poetry, Indonesian Poetry and Dance, French Poetry, Media, Design and Technology
Please come and enjoy a spectacular afternoon!
An official timetable of all activities will be sent to all families but the music timetable will be as follows.
Middle School Chamber Choir
Year 7/8 Choir
Middle School Orchestra
Senior Chamber Choir
Junior Chamber Choir
All members of these groups will be required.
Delicious refreshments will be available.
Please put the date (October 15 at 2pm) in your diary now and come along for a FANTASTIC TIME!
HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS TO...
- The members of the Mendelssohn Octet who have been asked to perform at a special masterclass at the International Mimir Chamber Music Festival which is being held at the University of Melbourne at the start of September. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, the Mimir Festival has been listed as a 'summer hotspot' in the New York Times. The guest musicians coming to Melbourne to give concerts and masterclasses are all Principal players in the top American Orchestras including the Cleveland Orchestra and the Chicago Symphony. This is a fantastic opportunity for our young talented players!
- All the talented young performers who played at our recent Junior Concerts â€" The Junior Piano Concert and then the Little Symphony Solo Concert when each performer played a delightful solo and then joined together in the Little Symphony. Continuous magical moments were shared in both concerts!
- The Junior Chamber Choir and the Senior Chamber Choir who have both performed beautifully in the Junior and Senior Kodaly Choral Festivals. This is a very special opportunity to perform, enjoy hearing other choirs and to sing together in a combined workshop.
- Satomi Goh-Maejima (Year 10) who recently received her A Mus A - a wonderful achievement!
- Jay Sun (Year 10) who received 2nd prize in the 16 y and under Woodwind section at the Waverley Eisteddfod - another wonderful achievement!
- Ethan Zheng (Year 4) who received 2 honourable mentions in the piano sections at the Waverley Eisteddfod - yet another wonderful achievement!
ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED, HAVING A 50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY PARTY OR ORGANISING A BUSINESS DINNER?
Huntingtower musicians would be very willing to provide a small (or large) ensemble to play beautiful music in a wide variety of styles at any occasion. They have a very comprehensive gig folder that includes many special requests. A small fee would be charged as fundraising for the Huntingtower Music Department.
MUSIC DATES TERM 3 2017
YEAR 9 SOLO CONCERT
Tuesday 12 September 6.30pm, Orchestral Room
YEAR 10 S0LO CONCERT
Monday 18 September 6.30pm, Orchestral Room
VCE SOLO/GROUP RECITALS
During the Holidays TBA, Orchestral Room